I started this blog as a way to document my 2013 application process to the Walt Disney World Moms Panel, from initial application to each round advancement.
As a three-time Round 2 veteran, I thought it would be helpful to compile a basic outline of the 3-month process. Below, you will find some tips, an explanation of the various ’rounds’ in the process and a rough timeline.
“How To” posts:
- Step One: Access the Recruitment front page – wait for application open date. TIP: Be sure to have a single sign-in account to the Walt Disney World family of websites, or create one now!
- Step Two: Fill out the application! TIP: Type your responses directly into the form – don’t copy + paste, this could create ‘jumbled’ coding on the Disney end of things and you want to make sure that your responses shine!
- Step Three: Wait. Seriously, you don’t want to go through this process if you are an inpatient person 😉 TIP: Join an online community like DISboards or other Facebook groups to commiserate with fellow applicants 😉
- Round One: basic application – information about you, your vacationing style and Disney knowledge. This step also covers questions about your chosen specialty (see my “About” page for more on specialties)
- Round Two: video submission. For the past two years, applicants were asked to create a 60-second video wherein he/she would describe his/her favorite Disney memory.
- Round Three: phone interview. This interview is conducted with a panel of interviewers via phone.
- Round Four: those chosen to advance to this round are notified of their new Panel status and arrangements are made for their training trip!
In the past three years that I have applied for the panel, there have been definite rough time frames:
- Application goes live: early to mid September (2013: Sept 9)
- Round One notifications sent: early to mid October (2013: Oct 18)
- Round Two notifications sent: early November (2013: Nov 14)
- Round Three notifications: mid November
- Moms Panel Training: early December (one week)
As always, please do not hesitate to comment with any questions or tweet me at @outrunmonorail!